The Tax Defence insurance policy provides up to £75,000 of professional representation from a Tax Defence Consultant for the following types of investigations:
- Business & Personal Self Assessment Full Enquiries – this is when HMRC look at all your business books and records relating to your business or personal tax return.
- Income Tax & Corporation Tax Self Assessment Aspect Enquiries – these enquiries look at only certain boxes on your Tax Return.
- Employer Compliance Dispute – these include PAYE, P11D and NIC enquiries.
- IR35 Disputes– this is when HMRC is disputing your IR35 status.
- VAT Dispute – this covers a VAT Disputes following a VAT Compliance Visit.
- Schedule 36 Enquiries – this relates to written requests from HMRC to visit your business premises and inspect business assets/records or requests from HMRC to send documents for review.
download policy summary (127KB PDF) | download full policy (65.6KB PDF)